From: Chris Lattner (clattner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-01 15:33:28

David's characterization is somewhat correct, but is also a bit
simplistic. The LLVM project does certainly use templates (including
partial specialization etc), but we prefer to keep this as an
implementation detail in a library. Exposing "complex" template code
through the public interface of a library generally make the library
"scary" to those developers who don't consider themselves to be C++
gurus. This design point also reduces build time for the LLVM code
itself.

-Chris

http://nondot.org/sabre
http://llvm.org