From: Stephen Torri (storri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-01 16:01:08

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 15:52 -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> If you're building this framework as a bunch of libraries, that means
> expressivity at all kinds of boundaries that would be strictly
> "internal" in a monolithic compiler will be limited by your idea of
> what may scare people. Are you sure this constraint is a good idea?
> Seems likely there are good reasons to templatize a lexer and lots of
> other components in a C++ compiler.

I know that I could use a C++ parser for a reverse engineering
architecture I am creating. There are more uses for a parser and its
output (e.g. Abstract Syntax Tree ) are useful for source code reverse
engineering. I would hate to have to write my own parser. That is the
problem I have with GCC. The parser is hardwired into the C code. I
prefer to have a
C++ parser that can give me back a AST in order then perform my
analysis.

Stephen