From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-01 16:11:36

> Clang has the potential to be a top-notch, open-source C++ compiler
> and tool platform, from which we would all benefit. Let's help Clang
> get there sooner!
>
> Links:
> Clang: http://clang.llvm.org/
> LLVM: http://llvm.org/
> Steve Naroff's talk motivating Clang:
> - Video: http://llvm.org/devmtg/2007-05/09-Naroff-CFE.mov
> - Slides: http://llvm.org/devmtg/2007-05/09-Naroff-CFE.pdf
> Clang announcement: http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2007-
> July/009817.html

Cool... I've been wanting something like this for a while. Out of
curiosity - and this probably isn't the best place to ask - but I
noticed one of their stated goals is to support source code
engineering tasks like refactoring, etc. The problem is that
compilers aren't necessarily that good at that type of work in that
they require _correct_ and probably preprocessed source code. Is
there any indication on whether or not this project will support
partial and incomplete parsing?

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]