From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-03 06:24:00

Hi Dean,

Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> Though it is interesting -- I've been playing around with the idea of
> an overloaded type-safe dispatcher for some time, but I never got to
> thinking of a way to accomplish it in a clean manner. Basically
> something that will allow the following:

<code>

Seems like a job for 'fusion::map'...

> Perhaps it might be doable, even with the current code I already have
> there but Real Life (TM) and not enough interest (or utility) from the
> community really bars me from doing much about it. Maybe when Real
> Life (TM) lets up, I might come around to allowing this.

A very interesting thing related to your work would be to have
"Interfaces with Reflection"

     http://tinyurl.com/58koc (see "Future Directions")

. That library is not making any noticeable progress since quite some
time now. What is there might still be too complicated at places, but
the ideas in it are very hot. I bet you'll get good feedback from the
community for bringing something like that up for review...

Another thing that you might find interesting: You know the Fusion
functional module, don't you?

It sorta emulates variadic templates and RValue references in C++98
(where Fusion Sequences are analog to the 'va_list' with C varargs) and
allows calling functions / function objects with Tuples for their
argument lists. It makes generic callback (and "callforth") facilities
very easy to implement, as shown by the cookbook recipe implementing
'bind' in less than 150 LOC and with neither repetitive code nor
preprocessor metaprogramming:

     http://tinyurl.com/ywlhdq

.

Regards,