From: Andrew Sutton (asutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-03 07:47:40

> Hmm, I wouldn't consider renaming a function a simple
> transformation, really.
> Consider overloading. You have to do full overload resolution (one
> of the
> most complex things in C++) in order to figure out whether a name in a
> given function call needs to be changed or not.

Renaming the function is simple. Ensuring that you're avoiding name
conflicts can be more difficult. Propagating the change requires a
lot more work. It's also requires knowledge beyond what a compiler
can give you since changes may be required in multiple translation
units.

Andrew Sutton
asutton_at_[hidden]