From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-04 15:38:21

on Sat Aug 18 2007, Jason Sankey <jason-AT-zutubi.com> wrote:

> David Abrahams <dave <at> boost-consulting.com> writes:
>> This part of my analysis focuses on the tools available for getting
>> feedback from the system about what's broken. Once again, because
>> there's been substantial effort invested in dart/cmake/ctest and
>> interest expressed by Kitware in supporting our use thereof, I'm
>> including that along with our current mechanisms. Although not
>> strictly a reporting system, I'll also discuss BuildBot a bit because
>> Rene has been doing some research on it and it has some feedback
>> features.
>
> <details snipped>
>
> I would like to add another possibility into the mix, if I may. I
> am a founder and developer at Zutubi (http://zutubi.com/)...

Jason,

As far as I'm concerned Boost would be more than happy to use your
tools if it will save us labor. With no other immediate prospects for
improving things, we're going to try to launch a project to re-do the
reporting system as a Trac plugin, with something like an XML-RPC
frontend that will accept results from the testing servers. If you
are offering to set up a Zutubi system that tests Boost, and it can do
the things we need in terms of reporting (like handle test markup), we
could delay that project and give you a chance to get something
going. Do you think that would save us labor in the long run?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting