From: Frank Birbacher (bloodymir.crap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-04 20:12:07

Hi!

David Abrahams schrieb:
> I would guess from looking at these messages that somebody has set the
> bit on the stream that causes it to throw on error, but that the test
> case is expecting errors to be reported by setting badbit.

If a stream operation throws this has also the effect of setting the
fail of badbit depending on the exception origin. And my origin is
excepted to set the badbit regadless of the exception mask.

The most anoying point is the following case:
1. construct stream with custom streambuf
2. _NO_ exceptions enabled
3. provoke exception
result: Nothing. Neither is the exception propagated nor is the fail or
badbit set. That is a serious bug IMHO.

Frank