From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-05 13:12:24

Frank Birbacher wrote:

> Vladimir Prus schrieb:
>> So I'd expect those three files to be changed by "svn up", but this does not
>> happens.
>
> Yeah. Really strange. I tried all sorts of things: svn up, switch, with
> or without -r 37991 or @HEAD, using the new or old URL of the files.
> Everything to the same effect:
>
> bloodymir_at_localhost ~/develop/boost_svn_tools/boostbook $ svn up -r
> 37991 xsl
> D xsl
> Aktualisiert zu Revision 37991.
>

> It just deletes the folder. :S
> What the heck?! It just _DELETES_ the folder as if it hadn't existed at
> that revision. Yet, I can successfully do svn ls or cat or diff or log
> on those previous files and revisions. So I have no clue whatsoever.

I can't find the head of this thread so I'm not sure exactly what you
are trying to do but if you just want to get the boost/tools/boostbook
folder at revision 37991 you can do:

svn co http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/tools/boostbook xsl -r 37991

which will checkout that folder into a folder named xsl
The actual url you of your working copy xsl folder will be
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/tools/boostbook

Once you have that you can

svn up xsl -r N

where N is any revision between 22559 and 38168 (i.e. when it was
created and when that folder was deleted).

You can't update to a revision after an svn move. I think this is a
weakness in the svn design of treating moves as a copy + delete but I'm
not sure.

- Michael Marcin