From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-07 11:41:16

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> Robert Ramey ha escrito:
>> Perhaps the best resolution is to just make a mix-in class equivalent
>> to the previous helper functionality. It would seem to me that this
>> would give you every thing we both need.
>
> I'm not sure I'm getting this: would you mind elaborating this design?

Hmmm - just to avoid stressing my brain by going into detail, let me
just sketch it out.

Under the 1.34 helper system, a few calls were added to the class
hierarchy at high level. This basically added a set of pointers to
helper classes which were handled by smart_ptr so they would
automatically be destroyed when the archive was destroyed.

If you want this functionality in he new system
a) create a "helper manager" class
b) move the helper manager code from the 1.34 release
into this new class.
c) mixin you new "helper manager" along with "naked_text_iarchive"
and - voila - you have the old functionality as it was before.

I'm sure this wouldn't be hard to do.

Actually this is good enough idea that I might just do it in the
library so that it would be the default but still leave the naked...
archives available for those who don't use smart_ptr or other
classes which need help.

Food for thought.

Robert Ramey