From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-07 18:56:59

Frank Birbacher wrote:

> but library Y is using the old version of BASE?

as all libraries are before BASE is checked i

> What should become of the release?

>Would the new features of X be rejected for release?
X won't pass its unit tests (against the release) because
BASE isn't checked yet.

>Would we require lib Y to test against the new BASE?

when BASE is checked in - assuming its passed all unit test.
then the whole tarball is tested. If there's a breakage - it has
to be due to a change in interface in BASE. At that point
the release manager decides to either fixe BASE or back it out.

> X includes a new feature which depends on a new
> version
> of BASE

X can't be checked in untill BASE is relsolved. In fact since
X is being developed against the ready to release branch, its
impossible that X depend on new features of BASE until
it has been checked in

Robert Ramey