From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-12 04:57:08

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I ran boost/config configure on our PGI and Pathscale compilers and
>> have create minimal headers (attached) that I'd like to add to boost/
>> config/compiler. If there's no problems with how I've setup the
>> files or other objections, I'll commit them to the trunk in a couple
>> of days.

It looks to me like most of the macros there should already get defined by
the various "boilerplate" parts of the config system.

For pathscale, it looks like the only compiler config macros needed are:

#define BOOST_NO_TWO_PHASE_NAME_LOOKUP
#define BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT

Actually I'm surprised that BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT is required since this
appears to be a version of gcc-3.4 which should support this? Maybe it's
better to modify gcc.hpp to add BOOST_NO_IS_ABSTRACT in this special case?

and for PGI:

#define BOOST_FUNCTION_SCOPE_USING_DECLARATION_BREAKS_ADL
#define BOOST_NO_TWO_PHASE_NAME_LOOKUP
#define BOOST_NO_SWPRINTF

You'll also need to modify boost/config/compiler.hpp to include these
headers when needed, and then:

build and run config_test.cpp to make sure everything works.

You could also run:

./configure --enable-test

Which will print out a list of macros whose settings *may* need changing -
for example it will pick up any missing BOOST_HAS_* macros.

HTH, John.