From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-14 15:24:20

On 9/13/07, Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2007, at 12:24 AM, Sean Huang wrote:
>
> > {
> > static vtable_type stored_vtable(f);
>
> Well, *now* there's a plan to fix it :)

Yes, I was just about to report the same thing.

By the way, it also looks like boost.function is sensitive to
packing/alignment (in particular, the small-object optimizations).

So if I include function into 2 pieces of code and pass functions back
and forth, they better have the same alignment!

(And considering that boost.threads is typically compiled into a
separate dll, and uses boost.function, it is not hard to run into the
problem).

I was working on a test and/or patch and/or etc to make sure I
understand it correctly, but since function was brought up anyhow...

Has this been seen yet? Do you think it is a boost issue, or a client
issue? What do you think the best fix is? I think you could re-order
the members (largest first), but that would still make arrays of
functions suspect. Otherwise, should you be using the boost pre/post
alignment headers?

Tony