From: Kim Barrett (kab_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-15 17:42:10

I see that I'm slightly late in responding, but I'll mention this anyway:

In the proposed threading model for C++, what happens on an uncaught
exception in a thread? Is that still terminate? Or is only that thread
killed off? (I think I remember seeing discussion in C++ committee
meeting minutes or a proposal that indicated the former, but haven't
been tracking such things closely. Boost.Thread was relatively
recently changed from the latter to the former.)

Assuming uncaught exception in a thread => terminate, then the
sticky_exception only permits cleanup in the throwing thread and not
in any other threads, which doesn't seem to me to be a whole lot more
useful than an immediate termination rather than the initial throw.