From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-18 22:00:31

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> gcc-4.1.2
>>
>> ./boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:1001: error: passing ‘const
>> boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::basic_string<char,
>> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >,
>> boost::filesystem::path_traits>’ as ‘this’ argument
>> of ‘boost::filesystem::basic_path<String, Traits>&
>> boost::filesystem::basic_path<String, Traits>::remove_leaf() [with
>> String =
>> std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
>> std::allocator<char> >,
>> Traits = boost::filesystem::path_traits]’ discards qualifiers
>
> I had applied a patch to get our Sgi builds running but that clearly
> didn't work. I've reverted the change.

You sure woke me up! I thought that long unchanged code had suddenly
decided to stop compiling. Luckily I looked at the log, and realized you
had made a change, so didn't waste a lot of time over it.

What was SGI complaining about? That argument clearly should be const,
and had been for years without problems.

Thanks,

--Beman