From: Martin Bonner (Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 10:03:25

----Original Message----
From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden]
[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Matias Capeletto
Sent: 19 September 2007 14:25 To: boost_at_[hidden]
Subject: [boost] C vs C++, by Linus

> Hi Boosters...
>
> I hope we can work to stop this rivalry, it does not help anybody...

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57643/focus=57918

I don't see there is anything useful we can contribute. Linus is
obviously deeply opposed to C++. I didn't find any of his arguments
persuasive but I don't think there is anything we can do to change his
mind, and taking part in the discussion is just throwing petrol on the
fire.

(By the way, remember that a design aim for C++ was to leave no room for
a language - such as C - between C++ and assembler.)

--
Martin Bonner
Senior Software Engineer/Team Leader