From: Achilleas Margaritis (axilmar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 18:15:09

> On 09/19/07 14:11, Larry Evans wrote:
>
> and it worked, then tried with src/main.cpp but it never terminated
> until I manually aborted.
>
> Hope you can get the unix working soon.
>
> Good luck!

Draft version 0.8 contains a makefile for gcc under prj/gcc directory. I
compiled the example with gcc from OpenSuse 10.2. I left the executable
and object files (for 80x86) in the zip file so I hope some other people
can run it in case there is a problem.

What impressed me is how fast the benchmark was compared to Microsoft's
compiler. The malloc routine of gcc must be very good.

Larry, what are you trying to run the program on? is it a PowerPC
machine? if so, your version may crash due to different endianess
(perhaps because pointer addresses are used as bitfields?)...