From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-20 11:15:14

On 09/20/07 09:39, Achilleas Margaritis wrote:
> I've done a test with boost::intrusive::list and boost::object_pool.
>
> The boost's intrusive list is faster than mine, so I am going to use it.
>
> But the object_pool is noticeably slower, as it is not intrusive: each
> time a chunk is removed from the pool, the internal table is searched,
> one by one, to locate the pool's entry.

When you get around to documentation, in some sort of "maintainer's
guide", this information would be useful to prevent a future
maintainer or someone who thinks they've got a better implementation
from going down the same dead-end road. In particular, a benchmark
so this "future someone" could easily test is "maybe better"
implementation.

It's more work, but it'd help other's and maybe yourself in the
future in case boost::object_pool improves it's implementation.