From: Achilleas Margaritis (axilmar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-21 18:46:42

O/H Larry Evans έγραψε:
> On 09/21/07 15:27, Achilleas Margaritis wrote:
> [snip]
>> Sorry, I haven't seen main_stl.cpp. Can I get it from somewhere?
>>
> Same place as your code in boost vault.
>
> BTW, I'm trying to do std::list<T> correctly; however,
> I'm having problems. It appears allocator::pointer
> doesn't help when using:
>
> struct node
> {
> T elem;
> node* next_;
> node* prev_;
> };
>
> because the begin/end pointers are to node* not to T*.

Yeah, I originally thought that all STL implementations would use
allocator<T>::pointer. Shame on me.

So I guess only a re-implementation of STL containers would actually
solve the problem.

I am quite dissapointed. I have been battling with STL libraries all
day, but without success. Microsoft, Mingw32, STLPort use T* instead of
allocator::pointer.

It's 2 am in the morning here, and I have just finished trying Rogue
Wave's STL (actually, apache). Although it uses allocator::pointer, I
can't compile a program with it: it says that namespace __rw is not
allowed, although it compiles fine on some other files. Documentation is
non-existence or hidden, so I am out of options, and also really tired
of battling with every little detail of every implementation.

With all these years of C++ development, I thought that these trivial
issues would have been solved by now. Instead of that, it's like it is
1996 all over.

It's a shame, because even if my garbage collector is not very good,
it's an essential step for bringing really complicated data structures
to C++ for the average C++ programmers like me.

:-(