From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-27 00:58:26

Michael Marcin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I work with Boost on a daily basis and generally I work with svn trunk.
> I also use some boostified libraries that are not officially accepted
> into Boost yet. There are also times when I need to make changes to the
> way a component or library behaves that are not well factored enough to
> make it in to the official tree but serve their purpose.
>
> How do I manage these complications?

Use svk:

1. Mirror Boost:

        svk mirror <boost url> //mirrors/boost
        svk sync -s HEAD

2. Create a directory for your patched version

        svk cp //mirrors/boost //work/boost

3. Hack on //work/boost as necessary

4. When you want to grab newer release/trunk state of boost, do:

        svk sync //mirrors/boost
        svk smerge //mirrors/boost //work/bost

- Volodya