From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-28 05:44:40

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> Recently some bug reports were issued against Boost.Interprocess'
>> condition variable. Since my multithreading skills are limited at best,
>> I was wondering if Boost.Thread developers/threading experts would like
>> to help on rewriting the condition variable.
>
> Sure, I'll help. Are you after a general rewrite, or just a fix for ticket
> 1231?

Whatever you consider more appropriate. I pretty sure that instead of
just doing yields, you could come up with a more efficient approach ;-)
Now seriously, I think a complete rewrite by a threading expert would be
more appropriate if the effort is assumable.

> On Windows, I'd have thought we could use process-shared sync objects, but
> that doesn't solve the general emulation problem.

Does this support building those objects in mapped files, rebooting the
system, mapping the file again again and continue working?

> Anthony

Thanks for your help,

Ion