From: Sid Sacek (ssacek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-28 13:02:04

To whom it may concern,

When compiling Boost code using the Sun compiler, the Boost documentation
makes this statement.

Quote:
When using this compiler on complex C++ code, such as the Boost C++ library,
it is recommended to specify the following options when intializing the sun
module:
-library=stlport4 -features=tmplife -features=tmplrefstatic
End-Quote:

I don't understand the effect of the 'tmplrefstatic' argument on the
compiled code. Why is that option recommended, ie. What does it do?

I searched the web for a couple of hours for an explanation and couldn't
find an answer to my question. I'm hoping somebody on this list knows
because Boost is recommending it.

Thanks in advance,
-Sid Sacek