From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-30 19:35:07

Dean Michael Berris wrote:

> So the only alternative really (or at least the one I see that doesn't
> run into the forwarding problem) is the linear inheritance approach
> I've been mentioning. Now getting towards implementing that approach
> is another discussion and effort in itself -- one I'm still mulling
> around if it's even worth pursuing, given the cases I intend to cover
> with the dispatcher. If at all possible, even an enhancement to
> Boost.Function might be handy which will allow it to contain function
> pointers to multiple signatures -- but I'm not that ambitious (yet) to
> try and hack at Boost.Function to enable multiple signature support
> and compile-time dispatching based on argument type lookup.

I think I've mentioned that I have such a "overloads" library
extension in my HD somewhere. At one point, I asked Doug on
the possibility of adding it to boost.function and he expressed
his interest. Of course that means documentation and stuff.
I'll try to see if I can squeeze some time to get this into
completion. At any rate, I can post the code sans docs.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com