From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-01 02:32:00

Hi Joel!

On 9/30/07, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
> >
> > I think I've mentioned that I have such a "overloads" library
> > extension in my HD somewhere. At one point, I asked Doug on
> > the possibility of adding it to boost.function and he expressed
> > his interest. Of course that means documentation and stuff.
> > I'll try to see if I can squeeze some time to get this into
> > completion. At any rate, I can post the code sans docs.
>
> [CC'ing Doug]
>
> Ok, here's the proof of concept:
>
> http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/overload/

I took a look, and I think this definitely has great potential. :)
I'll try my hand at trying to document the concepts, and maybe
extending it. I might be wrong though, but it seems that the
implementation is limited to 4 overloads to suit the test case. This
is understandable, and I think I can try making this more generic (up
to 10, just like tuples, or with Boost.PP) and perhaps document the
concept for Boost.Function.

Thanks for the sample! I definitely think this makes life a bit easier
for those who need this functionality.

I'll also try my hand at making the assignment operator smarter, and
perhaps do away with the set<> member template method. Wish me luck.
:D

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.