From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-01 08:49:22

Paul A Bristow wrote:

>> http://www.inspirel.com/vera/

>> http://www.inspirel.com/vera/ce/demo.html
>
> This looks an *excellent* aid to code consistency.

Yes, this is one of the targets.

> When will we see version 2 - that actually edits source to conform ;-))

No need for version 2, actually - Vera++ can also transform code.
Most of the rules have simple corrections than can be automated. For
example, there is a rule that forbids trailing whitespace.
Interestingly, there is also a transformation that removes them. Simple.

The problem is that not all rules can have such straightforward
corrective actions. For example, the rule that forbids identifiers
composed of only 'l' and 'O' characters has no reasonable corrective
action other than the human developer just coming up with better names.

In any case, your suggestions in all these areas are highly welcome.

--
Maciej Sobczak * www.msobczak.com * www.inspirel.com