From: Marco Costalba (mcostalba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 01:50:56

On 10/2/07, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Marco Costalba wrote:
> > I wanted to add the final touch, from :
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > But i have a strange compile error.
>
> As I said in my other post, it's better not to rely on mpl or
> fusion for low level libs like this. I gave a proof of
> concept. The challenge is to make it complete. The ideal is
> to:

Ok. I will try to code something "manually" ;-)

> (**You'll still have to expand the overload_function(s) for
> N arguments, where N is the maximum the library can handle)

Yes. I left it as the last one because probably will be unsuccessful
to find a template only way to expand overoload_functions(s) without
repetition, and without preprocessor macros.

For the very few I know boost, the code I've looked at in the
libraries it seems that in this cases the accepted way is to rely on
preprocessor.

But for my untrained eye is still difficult to read such a code. And
for my untrained sense of aesthetic I would call that code a little
bit on the ugly side. I, perhaps strange enough, still prefer to see
the whole set of repetitions instead of one packed BOOST macro stuff
block.

Marco