From: Elaine Wong (wongpl0503_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 13:33:09

Hi Michael

Sorry that I'm newbie here. I follow your suggestion to move the library path at the top in visual studio project settings, but doesn't help. Under VS, there shouldn't be linkage problem as those libs can be linked and executed.

Elaine

Michael Fawcett <michael.fawcett_at_[hidden]> »¡¡G On 10/2/07, Elaine Wong wrote:

> Michael Fawcett »¡¡G On 10/1/07, Elaine Wong wrote:
> > I am using boost.python to wrap C++ function which includes
> > directmusic libraries to simply play the midi, but lots of linkage
> > errors "error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol". I wonder if it is
> > possible to work with DirectX - directmusic libs. Are there any ways
> > to wrap it?
> > *********************compilation errors *************************
>
> [snip]
>
> > Any ideas? Thanks so much for your help
>
> The errors you posted appear to have nothing to do with Boost. It
> looks like you just need to link to the correct libraries.
>
> If you have double checked and are already linking to the correct
> libraries, double check that the latest DirectX paths are searched
> first to guarantee that the linker isn't picking up previous versions
> of DirectX libs.
> Hi Michael
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'll double check, but I've also put those header files inside the boost folder and include as
>
> #include , but still failed

Well, I don't think header files are the problem - it's the libraries,
since it's a linker error. If you have already specified in the
Project Linker settings the correct libraries to link to, you need to
check your library path settings in Visual Studio.

Click on Tools, Options, Projects and Solutions, VC++ Directories,
then Show Directories for Library files, and move the directory that
contains the libs you want to link against up to the top (or at least
above anywhere else older versions of the libraries could reside).

You might also double check the Additional Library Directories setting
in your Project Settings (if you are using it) to make sure it points
to the right path.

Good luck,

--Michael Fawcett

P.S. Please don't top post. I rearranged your post above.