From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-02 23:45:40

  test_actions crashes when std::string is trying to dereference _C_data
  member which happens to be zero. It happens inside regex_match().
  Attached slightly reduced reproducer.

  test_symbols.cpp has a similar call to regex_match() and I'm sure it
  crashes for the same reason.

  Just rearranging the code in RW library <string> header makes the
  crash disappear which may be indicative of a code generation problem.
  And everything is fine when compiling with g++ 4.2.1.

  I suggest, unless you have a reason to believe that it may be some
  code in xpressive that is causing the problem, we treat these test
  failures as aC++ code generation problem at this point. We'll
  investigate it and report back.

#include <boost/xpressive/xpressive_static.hpp>
#include <boost/xpressive/regex_actions.hpp>
extern "C" int puts(const char*);

namespace xp = boost::xpressive;

int main()
{
    using namespace boost::xpressive;

    std::string result;
    std::string str("foo bar");
    sregex rx = (+_w)[ xp::ref(result) += _ ] >> *(' ' >> (+_w)[ xp::ref(result)
    puts("calling regex_match");
    regex_match(str, rx);
    puts("exiting");
}