From: Suto, Gyuszi (gyuszi.suto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-03 16:57:56

Malte Clasen wrote:
> Suto, Gyuszi wrote:
>> The polygons need to be formed by union of axis-aligned rectangles,
>> yes. In addition to that, GTL supports 45 degree polygons as well.
>> Can GTL intersect a star and a triangle? If both are limited to
>> rectilinear or 45 degreee edges, yes,
>> otherwise no.
>
> Would it be possible to add classes for general polygons? Or is this
> an inherent constraint of your algorithms? Although I'm still curious,
> arbitrary edge orientations would be required for our application.

We don't have immediate plans to implement general polygons, but that's
certainly a possibility. The biggest issue is agreeing on fixed vs.
floating
precision, what to do with slicing, whether to introduce triangle and/or
trapezes
as primitives, etc. The current data abstraction, isotropy, scan-lines
would all hold.

Gyuszi