From: Suto, Gyuszi (gyuszi.suto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-04 14:45:21

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> I disagree. Generic programming techniques can be used to sort out
> the data-type idiosyncrasies. See GIL for instance: a library that
> is so flexible as to what component types should be without
> sacrificing speed and ease of use.

Joel,
this is exactly why we want to contribute GTL to boost to harness
the knowledge of folks like you. Yes, there may be generic programming
techniques that take care of the idiosyncracies and we welcome
ideas, code examples. GTL is relatively generic i.e. it abstracts the
user
data away, and - as my colleague Lucanus mentioned - it has a typedef
for the
number type. I'm sure there are many ways to make it even more generic.
My current focus is to work through the Intel legal channels to be able
to put
the code out there. From the e-mail traffic so far I'm sensing that
there's
genuine interest in it, and I'm happy about that.
regards
Gyuszi