From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 11:22:53

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> My candidates for the release criteria compilers are:
>>
>> * Microsoft VC++ 8.0 on Win32
>> * Intel 10.0 on Win32
>> * GCC on Linux
>> * GCC on Darwin
>
> Which means that you would be dropping official boost support for a wide
> range of platforms, if I understand you correctly.

*No* It only means that for the 1.35.0 release we are only testing on
platforms where enough testing resources have been contributed, and are
running reliably.

> This would make the
> cross platform aspect of boost kind of mood, wouldn't it?

No. Boost developers aren't going to deliberately cripple cross-platform
support in their libraries. They will continue to watch the tests
results for all platforms, and apply reasonable fixes when they can.

--Beman