From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 13:59:13

John wrote:
>If we want boost to have a point class I think it will really have to
be
>a set of point adapters and point concepts that work for existing
types.
>There are too many points out there that we would have to interact
with,
>both outside of boost and also within boost. For instance it would be
>nice if algorithms worked with both Boost.Point and the CGAL point.

That is exactly what I am proposing. You hit the nail on the head,
there are too many points out there that we would have to interact with.
That is the problem I'm solving, that is why I'm submitting the library
to boost.
assert(boost::point_concept<cgal::Point> cgalpt(10,20) ==
        boost::point(10, 20));

and better yet

//construct a cgal polygon data structure with the boost polygon
constructor and assert that it is equal to the boost polygon data
structure constructed from the same input vertex sequence.
assert(boost::polygon_concept<cgal::Polygon> cgalpoly(itBegin, itEnd) ==
        boost::polygon(itBegin, itEnd));

Smooth as butter.

Luke