From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-06 06:51:41
Dear fellow Boost users and developers,
I'd like to encourage you once again to participate in the ongoing
review of the proposed Exception library.
The library provides a base class for an exception that implements the
transport of arbitrary values.
This way the exception class hierarchy can be implemented in terms of
empty classes. Information can be attached to a particular exception
from outer scopes where naturally available.
The library can be downloaded at
and its documentation can be read online at
What to include in Review Comments
Your comments may be brief or lengthy, but basically the Review Manager
needs your evaluation of the library. If you identify problems along
the way, please note if they are minor, serious, or showstoppers.
Here are some questions you might want to answer in your review:
* What is your evaluation of the design?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
* What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness
of the library?
* Did you try to use the library? With what compiler?
Did you have any problems?
* How much effort did you put into your evaluation?
A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every review should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?
Be sure to say this explicitly so that your other comments
don't obscure your overall opinion.
We're looking forward to your evaluation of this Boost candidate!
- Review Manager -
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk