From: Alexei Alexandrov (alexei.alexandrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-06 07:35:54

Maciej Sobczak wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of Vera++:
>
> http://www.inspirel.com/vera/
>
> Vera++ is a programmable tool for verification, analysis and
> transformation of C++ source code.
>
> It relies on embedded scripting language for rule definition to provide
> maximum flexibility and extensibility.
>
> This tool might be of interest to the Boost community for two reasons:
>
> First, it uses boost::wave for parsing code. I would like to thank
> Hartmut Kaiser for this masterpiece.
>
> The second reason is this:
>
> http://www.inspirel.com/vera/ce/demo.html
>
> ;-)

What would also be nice is ability to define macros and values for them.
Sometimes there are macros which break the syntax and you need to
replace them before actually parsing the C++ code. And there is a lot of
code with this.

Doxygen has the feature I describe. Take a look here:
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/preprocessing.html - I mean
PREDEFINED thing.