From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-06 18:08:13

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger:
>
>>> Switching to boost::exception actually removes most of the boilerplate
>>> code
>>> (at the expense of some memory allocations).
>> Actually I was comparing
>>
>> typedef boost::custom_exception<
>> base,tag_a,tag_b /*...*/> my_exception;

> This could be a nice addition, but (as far as I can see) it's completely and
> easily implementable on top of the proposed design.

Certainly. Now, reassembling the original thought: This kind of
interface could be exploited by the library to implement the 'throw
e(a,b,c)' case with (almost) no overhead compared to the traditional
approach - that is, without having to use a custom allocator.

Regards,

Tobias Schwinger
- Review Manager -