From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-07 10:05:16

Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:

>> Here is a simple deep-copying smart pointer.
>
> Where from? I hope that one is not in productive use, because...

I just wrote it as an example.

> ...it looks like you are using placement new

I wrote this quite late, and mixed things up because initially I felt
like writing things based on an allocator, but decided not to make
things too complex.
Obviously it should have been regular new, and not placement new.

> Why? I mean since when is the CV qualification of a pointer relevant for the
> CV qualification of the pointee?

I thought it was relevant for private implementations.
If the object is const, the implementation details should be const too.