From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-09 22:17:03

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Cory Nelson
> Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 10:22 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Vera++
>
> On 10/1/07, Maciej Sobczak <prog_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce the availability of Vera++:
> >
> > http://www.inspirel.com/vera/
> >
> > Vera++ is a programmable tool for verification, analysis and
> > transformation of C++ source code.
> >
> > It relies on embedded scripting language for rule definition to
provide
> > maximum flexibility and extensibility.
> >
> > This tool might be of interest to the Boost community for two
reasons:

> > First, it uses boost::wave for parsing code. I would like to thank
> > Hartmut Kaiser for this masterpiece.
> >
> > The second reason is this:
> >
> > http://www.inspirel.com/vera/ce/demo.html
>
> This looks like a very useful tool, thanks for releasing this!
>
> Here are some binaries for anyone on Windows:
> http://phrosty.phoenixlabs.org/vera++.bin.7z
>
> And the VC++ project I used:
> http://phrosty.phoenixlabs.org/vera++.src.7z
>
> --
> Cory Nelson

Wow I had no idea so many tabs crept into my code.

When you report that a rule was broken I think you should list the rule
name (i.e, L002) and any transforms that could be used to fix the rule
afterwards.

This way I can quickly run with the right transform and/or look up help
on the rule.

I look forward to hearing about more rules and transforms. If people
start crafting more rules then this would be useful to me.

Also I noticed that in this binary you can turn rules off or on
selectively, which is nice. I was worried about that when I saw the
other posts in this thread.

-- John