From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-10 09:23:06

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Martin Wille wrote:
>> [this message is about the release branch, but it likely applies to the
>> trunk as well]
>
> The problem is already fixed in the trunk, so those fixes will migrate
> to the release branch once filesystem gets merged into the release branch.

Fine.

>> Please, could these files and directories (in order of preference):
>>
>> 1. be created elsewhere and
>
> Any suggestions? I'd like to avoid entangling the test code with the
> details of the regression testing system.

It would probably be best if a suitable directory would be passed into
the test(s) from the outside, e.g. through an environment variable set
either by Boost.Build or by the test runner.

BTW, the same scheme would also solve the problem of the serialization
tests that leave a long list of files in /tmp every time they run.

>> 2. be deleted automatically after tests, or
>
> That's already been done. See revision 39365, September 18, 2007

That probably only applies to Boost.Filesystem, not to other libraries.
Right?

>> 3. be added to the svn:ignore property of the directory?
>
> Not sure that is necessary, but feel free to submit a patch.

It isn't necessary when the temporary files get created elsewhere.

Regards,