From: John Torjo (john.groups_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-10 19:50:02

Hi all,

I've added documentation for the Logging Lib v2 :
http://torjo.com/log2/ (Logging homepage)
http://torjo.com/log2/doc/html/ (documentation)

Just to make sure, the Boost Log Library has these features:

    * A simple and clear separation of concepts
          o concepts are also easily separated into namespaces
    * A very flexible interface
    * You don't pay for what you don't use.
    * Fits a lot of scenarios: from very simple (dumping all to one log)
to very complex (multiple logs, some enabled/some not, levels, etc).
    * Allows you to choose how you use logs in your code (by defining
your own LOG_ macros, suiting your application)
    * Allows you to use Log levels (debug, error, fatal, etc). However
this is an orthogonal concept - the library will work whether you use
levels, categories or whatever , or not.
    * Efficient filtering of log messages - that is, if a log is turned
off, the message is not processed at all
    * Thread-safe - the library allows you several degrees of
thread-safety, as you'll see
    * Allows for formatters and destinations
          o formatters format the message (like, prepending extra
information - an index, the time, thread is, etc)
          o destinations specify where the message is to be written
          o Formatters and Destinations are orthogonal to the rest of
the library - if you want you can use them, otherwise you can define
your own writing mechanism
    * Easy manipulation of the logs (turning on/off, setting formatters,
destinations, etc)

Feedback is most welcome - I'm sure there's lot to improve on the docs ;)

Best,
John

--
http://John.Torjo.com -- C++ expert
... call me only if you want things done right