From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-11 06:57:17

Vladimir Batov wrote:
> Given I've been using this Pimpl idiom quite extensively lately I've noticed
> writing the same scaffolding over and over again.

Maybe we need something with a mixture of features from scoped_ptr and
shared_ptr. scoped_ptr does everything that I need for a pimpl, except
that it can't delete the incomplete implementation type. shared_ptr
can delete the incomplete implementation, but it has the unneeded
overhead of reference counting and thread safety issues. So, can the
incomplete deletion feature of shared_ptr be extracted and added to
scoped_ptr? I have just had a quick look at the shared_ptr
implementation to see how deletion works, but it's too clever for me to understand....

Regards, Phil.