From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-12 20:15:21

Phil, thank you for your encouragement and
Peter, thank you for the pointers. Much and truly appreciated.

I'll definitely have a look at both Alan's and Peter's implementations if I
can make use of those. It's Saturday -- my family-duties day -- and I am
just running out the door. After a rrrreally quick look the grip_ptr seems
to provide a deep-copy semantics without exposing private implementation. It
that is the case, then Alan and Peter (who implemented a similar thing) are
definitely smarter than I am as I was not able to figure out how to achieve
that (without exposing implementation details). Then I'll steal :-) their
idea (with proper acknowledments :-)).

That will have to be done in addition to my currently proposed
shared_ptr-based implementation as, for example, my current usage pattern is
such that I use one data repository/implementation and share/pass many
smart-pointer type instances pointing to that sole implementation.

Will let you know how it all fired soon.

Best,
Vladimir.