From: Marco Costalba (mcostalba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-13 02:42:07

On 10/12/07, Dean Michael Berris <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> OTOH, I can cut a branch of the RDDL which packages and uses
> Boost.Overload internally for those interested and do the integration
> with it. If anybody's interested in doing this or working more on it,
> let me know so I can add you to the Sourceforge project.

Well my very initial plan was to develop an object factory ;-)

Then I realized I could use your dispatcher as core dispatching
mechanism, but it lacked multi-signature that is mandatory for a
factory that should be able to call all the c'tor of an object on user
request.

So my plans were to add multi-signature to dispatcher, then, thanks to
Joel and Marco this 'overload' project was borne and grown
independently.

So now the next steps could be:

- Use overload in dispatcher

- Use dispatcher in object factory, and see if there is space to use
also the Tobias one, that allows a custom allocator, as example
instead of the c'tor wrappers functors, i.e. the functions that will
be registered with 'overload'.

But my problem is that I'll leave next week for a very long business
travel to China and Far east and I will be not able to dedicate time
to this project for probably one month or more.

I already just use spare time for this, and my spare time will be
veeeery small in the next weeks.

So, thanks Dean, I will surely ask you to be added to Sourceforge, but
it has no meaning to do it now.

Marco