From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-14 12:54:11

This was posted to boost-build 2 weeks agao but I got no reply so I thought
I would try the development list.

I created a variant based on debug variant:

Variant MyDebug : debug : $(MyDebugSettings) ;

Unfortunately the names of the libraries generated by boost.build do not
have the 'd' key.
For example: libboost_python-vc80-mt-g-1_35.lib
Autolink expects: libboost_python-vc80-mt-gd-1_35.lib

I checked the boost.build code and it seems that the 'd' key is only added
when 'debug' variant is specified. This is not consistent to the behavior
documented in "Getting Started" and other boost building instructions.

Is this a bug or I missing something obvious.

Regards,

Sean