From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-14 23:29:05

See below

attached mail follows:

Hi Dave,

Sorry if you are the wrong person for this but your's was the first email
address I could find clicking links from www.boost.org. (In other words:
it is very hard to find the email of an official site administrator - or
rather a site content responsible - starting from www.boost.org :-/...)

As the subject indicates, clicking on the "XHTML1.0 - OK "button in the
lower right corner of the boost home page gives 26 validation errors.

As you (or the people at boost) obviously seem to care for standards, you
probably second that adherence to a standard should not only be by
"putting a label on the package" but of course the content must be
standard conforming. (I think that's the exact reason why W3C now
encourages to put a link to re-validate a page behind its logos.)

Again, please accept my excuse if you are the wrong person for this (minor)
complaint and maybe forward my mail to the right one or let me know his or
her email so that I can resend this mail myself.

Aside from this I'd like to let you (and ALL the others at boost) know that
I rate the work you do EXTREMLY HIGH. I am working as a trainer, coach and
consultant with a background in C++ dating back to 1989 (1981 for C).
Since some years in many courses I teach, in many source reviews I do, my
advice is: if you think something is missing from "Standard C++" GO TO
BOCH FIRST before you do it yourself and re-invent the wheel.

Thanks for listening (= reading this) and have a nice day,
Martin

--
Technische Beratung für EDV      Odenwaldring 70      Tel: +49-6154-800622
Dipl.-Ing.  Martin  Weitzel      D-64380 Roßdorf      Fax: +49-6154-800623

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting