From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 15:50:14

Ping received.

I'd recommend downloading the latest from the Subversion repository. All
that needs to be finished is the Reflection half of the library. It's very
close - there is only one piece of functionality left, which involves named
function parameters (meaning that you wouldn't have to know the order of
parameters of a reflected function in order to call it).

I'd predict that it will take three weeks before I finish that up.

Currently, you can use the Reflection library to create a generic
boost::reflections::reflection object, and populate it with the constructors
and methods of a given object, then create a boost::reflections::instance
object using one of the constructors, and use the reflection to act on it.
It's more flexible than Boost.Extension, since you don't need to know any of
the base classes of an object in order to load a reflection of it.

The documentation (especially for Boost.Extension ) is pretty up to date.
The syntax was overhauled a few weeks ago, just to make it more flexible
(and faster) for some of the special cases that people presented.

You can find them in sandbox/libs/reflection, sandbox/libs/extension,
sandbox/boost/extension and sandbox/boost/reflection. As of the last
checkin, they were tested on Linux, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Mac
OS X. I seem to recall Linux requiring a change of LD_LIBRARY_PATH for a
couple of the examples to work (the advanced multiple inheritance across
shared library examples).

Jeremy