From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 18:03:24

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Glenn Schrader wrote:
>
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>
>>> I have heard unconfirmed rumors that someone has a script that
>>> takes Boost code and moves it into a different top-level namespace.
>>> Does such a script really exist?
>>>
>>> The goal is to be able to automatically munge Boost code so that
>>> several versions can be used in parallel without conflicts. If
>>> anybody is currently doing this, I'd love to hear from them.
>>>
>> To use multiple versions in parallel wouldn't you also need to mangle
>> the include guard symbol names to allow each version to
>> independently remember which headers have been processed?
>>

> Yes, and all macro names would need to change, too.

My modified version of bcp does all of the above as it copies a subset
or all of boost into a new location. It has never been used in
production, however I am convinced it is useful or usable if you like to
call it that. As it has not been used in production some more testing
is needed. My once urgent need faded of completly unrelated resons.

I have posted a bcp patch to the list at least once:

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Using-multiple-versions-of-Boost-p10706158.html

I did not find it on gmane or anything giving the attachments in any
usable form. So I can dig it out, zip down the bcp directory and repost
it if there is interest.

By the way, does anybody know if bcp -cvs work correctly after the move
to svn?

--
Bjorn