From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 (nd_mail_address_valid_until_2008-12-31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-16 13:28:26

>>> #pragma warning(disable: 4345)?
>
> Paul A Bristow wrote:
>> Don't forget to push'n'pop the warning level -
>> in case any user finds this warning informative.
>
> Thanks! BTW, this warning is only issued by MSVC 7.1 (_MSC_VER
> 1310), and higher. So I think it should have an extra check,
> #if _MSC_VER >= 1310.

Done! :-)

trunk/boost/utility/value_init.hpp:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/40088
Unit test that would have triggered the warning:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/40089

> Still there's another warning that might pop up when using
> value_init, at least on MSVC 8.0: "warning C4351: new behavior:
> elements of array 'T' will be default initialized."

Hmmm... I *expected* to have that warning as well, but I couldn't reproduce
it! (At least, not on the trunk version of value_init.hpp.) So I decided
to *only* disable the warning mentioned by Gennadiy Rozental, saying that
"an object of POD type constructed with an initializer of the form () will
be default-initialized".

Thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards, Niels