From: Marco Costalba (mcostalba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 19:13:59

On 10/17/07, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > Just to be clear, I'm not advocating to introduce something like the
> > above, just to ask if a discussion around the above lines have never
> > occurred in the C++ community.
>
> Yes, the compiler vendors have a really hard time seeing how such a
> feature could be implemented. The problem is that they have data
> structures such as symbol tables that are updated as code is parsed,
> and there's no way to roll them back to the state they were in before
> the try block if the code turns out to be ill-formed.

Thanks for your answer.

I'm not a compiler expert so proably the immediately idea of reparse
the whole file in such cases is just very naive. And so surely is the
idea to save the compiler state at the beginning of the try block.

Anyhow, could you please tell me if does exsist a poposal somewhere
about this matter that has been formally discussed and rejected or the
talks were informal?

Thanks
Marco