From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-18 08:33:36

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Hi, John
>
> Can you please take a look on failures today. I've enabled additional
> error detection within Boost.Test with floating point operations on
> WIN32 platform. Does theses look valid to you?

Ahhhh! No, there are quite a lot of tests that are expected to return
infinity, or underflow to zero. Enabling floating point hardware exceptions
will break those: the tests are predicated on numeric_limits<>::has_infinity
etc, but not on the *runtime* value of the hardware exception flags. I
assume you're calling __control87 somewhere to turn these exceptions on?

My gut feeling is that this is the wrong moment to introduce a breaking
change like this, especially as you're changing the compiler's default
behaviour. Given enough time it's work-aroundable, but it's time I'd rather
not spend just at present, and besides I would expect this to break
libraries like random and interval as well. If you want to make this an
option for Boost.Test that's fine, it's making this the default in the run
up to a release that I'm not happy with.

Regards, John.