From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-20 13:09:25

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, heads up. I'm doing lots of refactorizations. It all started with
> the include dependency bug noted by John Maddock. There's a nasty cyclic
> dependency happening somewhere that I tried to track. Along the way,
> I caught unwanted dependencies that stem from violations of the
> modular design of fusion that allows (by protocol) only acyclic
> module relationships. A bit of refactorizations after, the new
> layer/module hierarchy is (hight to low):
>
> mpl
> algorithm | functional
> container | view | adapted | tuple
> sequence
> iterator
> support
>
> This might still change a bit after odds and ends fall into place.
> If you want something stable, now, there's this new "include"
> directory that is a flat, MPL like, repository of include files
> that forward to the proper files (e.g. boost/fusion/include/vector.hpp
> will always point to where fusion::vector is). I highly recommend
> users to use it and for developers (Dan and Tobias etc.) to put all
> relevant forward headers there.

The changes seem to have broken a lot of other libraries tests. Failures
on VC++ 8.0, for example, went from 16 to 150+.

Math and Xpressive where hit hard. This may be tough on John and Eric
because both are actively working on their libraries.

Please do whatever is necessary to resolve these problems quickly.
Otherwise it would be a lot better to develop on a branch.

Thanks,

--Beman