From: Corrado Zoccolo (czoccolo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-21 07:39:40

On 10/21/07, shunsuke <pstade.mb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> BTW, why not `poly<T>`.
> `optional_` seems redundant.

I have already received requests (by gpd, when I showed him my first
implementation few weeks ago) to provide also a non-nullable equivalent, so
I think poly<T> should be reserved for it.

BTW, the idea of the hand made vtable born in the discussion with gpd. My
first implementation used just one function ptr to encapsulate all the
behaviour (with a signature to fit all the methods), and was substantially
less efficient than the current solution.

Thanks
Corrado

dott. Corrado Zoccolo                          mailto:zoccolo_at_[hidden]
PhD - Department of Computer Science - University of Pisa, Italy